Friday, December 19, 2008

3 Reasons For a Plant-Based Diet

3 Reasons For a Plant-Based Diet By Kevin Hinton

In order to calm my nerves and get a grip on myself before I begin a talk to an audience I remember the words of my teacher, Mr Jaffrey - "Don't worry" he said, "They always ask the same questions."

Sometimes this assists me with my answers and sometimes it bores me.

Take the 'Vegetarian question' - please.

Why is it so hard to accept the fact that, on all levels - physical, chemical and spiritual - the human species is designed to achieve the highest level of health on a plant based diet?

The following 3 reasons are most convincing for the argument for vegetarianism.

1. Tests have shown that vegetarians have twice the stamina of meat eaters.

One such test at Yale University showed that on the average - vegetarians performed better and more consistently than meat-eaters, even though half of the vegetarians were sedentary people, while all of the meat-eaters tested were athletes.

Does this surprise you? - Not if you think about one of the strongest animals on the planet - the elephant.

The diet of this animal is 100% plant based and it doesn't affect it's strength one bit - in fact, the law of structure governs function demands that the elephant remain on its own specific diet.

2. Another test by a Danish team of researchers tested a group of men on a variety of diets, using a stationary bicycle to measure their strength and endurance.

They found that the individuals tested who were on a strictly vegetarian diet outperformed the athletes that ate meat.

I follow the trials and tribulations of the athletic world and I notice - not with surprise - that athletes who compete in endurance events perform what is called 'carbohydrate loading' This is done to allow for the cycle of energy to kick in later and supply oxygen to a tiring body. I also noticed that the athletes did not bulk up on heavy proteins - which take a long time to digest and are not the best suppliers of 'quick energy.'

3. Other tests by Doctors in Belgium report that vegetarians bounce back from fatigue far more rapidly than do meat eaters.

Recovery time - the ability to recover and and be ready for the next opponent or next challenge is very important in sports. As an A grade squash player in my 50's I was often challenged to the limits of my endurance, however, I always found that if I could hang in the rally and get a game or two off my opponent, by the end of the match, my recovery rate was a factor in my success. I attribute this to my 26 years as a strict vegetarian.

Sometimes, anecdotal evidence is sniffed at by the 'scientific' community, however, some of the most brilliant people of our time confirm the efficacy of the truth that the human animal is designed to function more efficiently on a plant-based diet.

All the best for your health and happiness, Kevin Hinton

Kevin Hinton is a renowned Natural Health Educator & Advocator who has assisted a broad range of people to reinvigorate their lives through common-sense Natural Health practices.

He is a trusted advisor to many in the corporate world in Australia and North America who recognize the life-improving value of Natural Health habits.

His experience in the field reveals that adopting practical Natural Health habits usually helps drive success in other areas of life.

Visit Kevin at: http://www.thehealtheducator.com.au and sign up for a FREE world class newsletter.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Kevin_Hinton http://EzineArticles.com/?3-Reasons-For-a-Plant-Based-Diet&id=1791993

No comments: