Saturday, December 04, 2010

How to Lose Weight the Healthy Way

By Mike Blount

Are you tired of strangers staring at you for your extra weight? We live in a figure obsessed culture, where the slimmer you are the better life you lead. While this may be an extreme view, it's still a valid one that many struggling with weight understand. What if I told you the secret to weight loss has been in front of your eyes for years? Would you believe and take the opportunity to lose weight the healthy way?

As someone who has struggled with weight, I know the products on the market, their pitches, and the equipment that promised to change my life. I tried the workout routines, the equipment, the specialized food plans, and the pills. While some things worked for a while, nothing seemed to work for a long period of time. I wanted a life changing experience, not a fly-by-night program that would only siphon the money from my wallet, not the fat from my waistline.

The holy grail of dieting does not exist. I learned that basic fundamentals of health play the biggest and best role in losing weight. I began changing the way I bought foods in the grocery store, how I ordered at restaurants, and how often I ate.

I watched my calorie intake. But that was not the whole blueprint to my weight loss success.

I also worked out on a specific system. I started working out to burn calories. I knew how much I was taking in and how much I needed to work off. It became a balancing act where I would attempt to burn off at least a quarter of my calorie intake in a day.

Does this seem overly simplistic? Solutions are the most common sense of all the ones out there. Once I was stranded at a rest area along a major interstate. My car would not start and I could do nothing to get it moving. After an hour of waiting the tow truck company came and ferried my car to a nearby shop. The $235 problem turned out to be an empty gas tank.

My tired self didn't realize my gas gauge was broken. It wasn't until later that it began to make sense. In the same way, the solution for excess weight is a simple one. We don't need to look beyond the food we take in and the energy we expel.

Grab the FREE Fat Loss Myths eBook and learn how to lose twenty pounds fast using smart, informed techniques. You can begin to look better, trim the fat, and use weight loss techniques that work.

Mike Blount writes and speaks about health issues that affect a large portion of today's society. He specializes in diet, nutrition, and exercise advice.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Mike_Blount


http://EzineArticles.com/?How-to-Lose-Weight-the-Healthy-Way&id=5458979


No comments: